The Best Mosquito Control Checklist for Your Home
Did you know that you have the power to control mosquitoes around your home?
While your efforts may not match the effects of the county’s mosquito control program, you can still help reduce mosquitoes in your yard by eliminating potential breeding spots.
Here’s a The Best Mosquito Control Checklist for Your Home:
1) Throw away, or turn over, any containers that may collect water, such as jars, flower pots, wheelbarrows, children’s toys or play pools.
2) Clear out pipes and gutters. Make sure there is no standing water; clean out any dirt, leaves or debris that may be blocking the flow of water.
3) Repair leaky pipes.
4) Maintain a regular schedule of pool cleaning, using the proper chemicals. Drain swimming pools that are no longer maintained or used.
5) Make sure outdoor garbage cans are covered.
6) Check your septic drain fields. Make sure water doesn’t accumulate.
7) Don’t let water sit on tarps, swimming pool covers or plastic sheeting over patio furniture.
8) Get rid of old tires. If you have a tire swing for children, drill holes in the bottom so that it does not hold water.
If you have completed this checklist, but still have a major mosquito breeding ground on your hands, you may need to call in reinforcements.
Contact Larue for a free evaluation of your property to determine the best approach to control mosquitoes in your yard.
Learn everything you need to know about how to prevent and treat mosquito bites in Southwest Florida, by downloading our latest free ebook:
Southwest Florida Mosquitoes – 7 Things YOU Need to Know!
If you live in Fort Myers, Naples, Cape Coral Sanibel or any of their surrounding areas and you would like more information about pest control and mosquito control systems for your home, please visit our website to request a free inspection of your property. You can also follow us on Facebook or LinkedIn to keep up with the latest photos and information. Thanks so much for reading our blog!