Want to be outside with minimal mosquito interference? Here are a few mosquito control methods you can try…
This is the final installment of 7 Things YOU Need to Know About Southwest Florida Mosquitoes, a FREE eBook provided by Larue Pest Management, Inc.
First of all, we just want to tell you that if you’re truly looking for effective mosquito control, don’t bother with bug zappers that use with UV light, as they only attract bugs that are drawn to light, NOT mosquitoes. You’ll end up killing beetles, moths and other innocent bugs. Mosquitoes just don’t respond to it.
Citronella candles and tiki torches are common tools in the fight against mosquitoes. Since the odor is what repels mosquitoes, you may have to sit close to the candle for it to protect you. Citronella is most effective in small areas without wind and won’t work very well in large, open areas.
If you’re serious about getting a mosquito control system for you home, Larue offers two Residential Mosquito Control Options:
After extensively searching for a high-quality mosquito misting system, Keith Ruebeling, owner of Larue Pest Management, discovered MistAway Systems out of Houston, Texas. He knew that this was a product he could stand behind after experiencing the difference it made in his own backyard and decided to become an authorized MistAway dealer in 2006.
MistAway Systems are appealing to homeowners because they’re effective, blend in with the environment, require minimal upkeep and are easy to use.
How our Misting System Works:
- The automatic mosquito misting control unit is located anywhere on your property that is convenient to a water faucet and electrical outlet.
- Precision-engineered mosquito misting nozzles are installed about every 10-15 feet around the perimeter of your property; on fence lines, trees and risers positioned in the landscaping for a mosquito-free yard.
- The misting unit’s electronic controller is programmed to automatically initiate a 30 – 60 second mosquito-killing mist around dawn and dusk, when the mosquitoes are most active and other beneficial insects – like bees and butterflies – are not.
- The fine mist drifts around the property and settles on the grass and landscaping, killing any mosquito that comes in contact with it. MistAway’s mosquito misting systems also helps control other unwanted insects, like spiders, flies, gnats and noseeums.
- The MistAway Mosquito Misting Systems works automatically or with a handheld remote and provides worry free outdoor mosquito control.
This monthly service is designed to significantly reduce the mosquito population in your yard, so you can spend more time outside during the summer when mosquitoes are at their worst in Southwest Florida.
How Our Service Works:
- First we thoroughly inspect your property to identify key breeding sites.
- We’ll educate you on ways that you can help eliminate mosquito breeding sites around your home.
- Our skilled technicians will treat key breeding sites with a larvicide when necessary.
- Adult populations will then be targeted with a mosquito killing product that’s sprayed around the lawn and shrubs on a monthly basis.
Larue’s residential mosquito control service allows you to get out and enjoy your yard more.
Life’s to short to be held captive inside all summer!